Wednesday, December 24, 2008

People Watching.

The airport is a great place for people watching.
You can find a wide variety of people here. From oldies to kids, from foreigners to our very own desi girls!
I was at the airport a couple of days back and it surprised me how intruging a task people watching can be.
My flight was delayed and I was hungry, I don't like the food at the airport excepting the cookie man ka eggless brownie, so I took that in hand, and, watched.

At first I saw a guy with an IIM ka t-shirt reading some high fundu novel whose name I've never ever heard off. Okay. Expected. But the funny thing about him was that he wore sunglasses, inside tha airport! I don't know why but I find people who wear sunglasses in closed areas where there is no sun really weird!

Then I saw a lady, office going types, sitting on the laptap, talking on the phone, nothing unusual about her but I just wanted to mention her.

Then I saw a foreigner lady, British I think, she was there from like an hour but her eyes never moved off the television, India was playing England.

Then I saw a bunch of kids, creating a havoc and not even realising it!

Then a lady, no I think I must say girl, she was dressed as if she was going for a party in the middle of the night! And ya, she had her pitch black glasses on! * I don't know whats with these people and glares!*

Then I saw a famiy I knew, they lived in our apartments like years ago, now those kids were all grown up and non recognisable.*donno if thats a word though*

Then there was a couple sitting right behind me, they are playing cards and really enjoying it.

And finally I saw a man who looked just like Nature Baba *vivid MTV fans would know him*. He has long hair, a big beard and is round in shape, and he kind of looks like and modern early man! :)

People who know me, would know what a philosophical idiot I am, so what I observed from this situation was that, today, people are so involved with themselves today that they don't find the need to look around and talk to other people, everyone is with their ipods or phones or with their books and newspapers and tv!

Has man become a for-my-own-self-animal from a social animal?

7 comments:

Deeps said...

there are different kind of ppl in the world.. thats why they ay vairety is the spice of life.. people are self centered and unobliging.. i guess that is the case with most people.. but there are a few exceptions who've kept the world goin..

Unknown said...

oye read d blog very true..but u cant blame d ppl d wrld 2day has bcum so fast paced dat nobdys got tym even 4 family..itz very a very disoriented wrld nd ryt now 2 survive n dis wrld itz each 4 himself or else ur taken 4 a ride..wel datz my perspective..nd karishma seriously consider a career n media..:)

Santiago said...

may be, may be not!

Karishma said...

@deeps : not a few, many! :D

@ramya : lol thanks! :)

@badri : hmmm..

Unknown said...

hey
i liked this one...
but i cant beleive u were so jobless at the airport..
u actually saw someone looking like nature baba...hmmm LUCKY YOU

Karishma said...

ya right lucky me it seems!

I din see Nature baba, just someone who looks like him, lucky would be of i would have seen Ranvijay or someone! ;) ;)

Srividya Krishnan said...

I love airports! you find all sub species of homo sapiens! :D