Friday, February 29, 2008

Enchanted

Well I know I haven posted for a long time now but I decided to do it today, not for anything but the rarity of the date (29.02.08), yep - 29th Feb, an extra day this year. :) [after finishing the post, the time is 12.40 p.m but i would still choose to believe that i posted on the 29th cuz I started writing then :P]

Ok back to the post, a couple days back I saw a movie, Disney's, "Enchanted" and at this point I would like to take this opportunity to thank God for, “Walt Disney”, again!!.



"Enchanted" is a cute lovey-dovey story and I went to watch it with two of my friends and let me tell you, WE LOVED IT!! :)


I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss
And a prince, I'm hoping, comes with this
That's what brings ever-aftering so happy
That's the reason we need lips so much
For lips are the only things that touch
So to spend a life of endless bliss
Just find who you love through true love's kiss


"Enchanted" strengthened my belief in True love , I mean its not everyday that a princess from Antalasia(a place in fairy land)comes into the real world(New York)and finds her true love here(yea, in the real world of all the places, and I thought true love was something that existed only in fairyland :| ), she comes and sings and dances and the greatest thing about Gizzel is that she comes here and does not change, she is her own fairy-self, trusting old robber hags, smiling at everyone she sees(in busy New York, it is a task to stop, and smile at people), she makes her own clothes(yes, makes – designs and sews them) and cleans with mice and birds!! and she believes that her prince(someone who she met just a day ago) will come to her rescue. But at that juncture, little did she know, that the man with her true loves kiss was not her prince but, someone else.... this shows us that your or my true love too, may not a prince/princess, he could be....just anyone! We just have to believe that we'll find him and, I know for a fact that if u believe that you'll find him, you wil! :)

"Enchanted" also told me its not enough for you to only be in love, sometimes you have to let the other person know, if not for anything else then to make that person feel nice, lets not let take things for granted and sometimes actually do something for the people we love, it could be anything small, like writing them a note(or an e-mail) to show that you care, sending them some flowers, a text to ask them how their day is going, a cal-jus to say "I love You".... it could be anything! :)

You got to show her you need her
Don't treat her like a mind reader
Each little something to lead her to believe you love her.


I love fairy tales most because of their "happily every after ends" and I've come to a point that I've started believing that they actually exist in real life(Don't argue with me on that, ever, they do exist) and i also believe that if things are not happy when they've ended, they haven actually ended, they've just paused.(Life could be so nice if it had options like Windows Media Player, pause when you want, stop when you want, play when you feel like it and the next and previous buttons would be like the best things that ever happened to us!!)...coming back, I would like to end with the words of a song from the movie,

“Storybook endings, fairytales coming true
Deep down inside we want to believe they still do
In our secretest heart
It's our favorite part of the story”


People who think fairy tales are kiddish and dumb would not believe(in public) that "happy endings" exist in the real world but I know for a fact that, in their most secret prayers, they must be praying for "Happy endings" in their life too!! :)

PS: Italics are lyrics of the songs from the movie.

4 comments:

V said...

The post is enchanting, esp with the poetic verses and the lyrics of a song,in between,
Agreed everyone wants a' happily live ever after'ending.
And I am sure people who read your post would go and watch that movie,
keep posting

Unknown said...

hey toooooooooooo good man...iam gonna be readin ur blogs regularly....tres superb.!!!!!!!!!!!! proud of u....:):):)...ekta kapoor of walt disney..ppl ll love u...an am always glad to help

Bharath.V said...

"Once upon a time in a land far, far away there lived somebody, who loved somebody blah blah blah and they lived happily ever after"....Life ain't this rosy rosy,life is hard , cruel and down right dirty.(just kidding),...nice post btw.:)

Shashank said...

Wow!! amazin!! *double thumbs up*!! ;D