Thursday, February 7, 2008

Love - A Misconception??


OK, People who read what I write for Stellidoscope would have read this but, i stil wanted to put this up in my blog cuz, i really like this editorial and its read close to my heart. :)

Love.This four-letter word is of utmost importance in a teenage girl's vocabulary. What does this word actually mean?

Some would associate it with a fuzzy feeling in the stomach, some others would say sleepless nights, smiling all day, acting weird (in a nice way), eating way too many chocolates, taking an extra half hour to get dressed, keeping your mobile in your hand all day waiting for an SMS from that special someone. I ask you, ‘Is this what love is?' And I bet you would say ‘Yes, Isn’t it obvious?’ To all you people I would ask one more question. ‘Do you love your parents?’ And I bet all of you would say ‘Excuse me? Yes, of course’. Again I ask, ‘Do you get a fuzzy feeling in your stomach when you see your parents, do you hold your phone in your hand all day waiting for them to call?’ You would go ‘Of course not’. Then I ask you again, ‘Do you love your parents?’ Confusion. Silence. No answer.

Okay now I’ll tell you something. Love is nothing but a choice to be happy, a choice to smile all day, a choice to care for someone. To put it in simple terms, I would say, ‘Love is Caring’.

To show our love, we must care. It's simple logic – to show your neighbor dog that you love him, take him for a walk – to show the old lady you care about her, gift her a blanket that will keep her warm on cold nights. Do anything. Do something. The world is starving for love.

They say to be loved,one must love unconditionally. Start. Do something in your own little corner. Learn to care. And if everyone does the same, there will be a change. Not only in your house, or in your country, but in the whole wide world!

Be the change you want to see. Learn to care. :)


1 comment:

Payal Asher said...

Very true...

I love u :D